Deputy Commissioner – West of Nairobi (Tax Service Office)
Purpose of the job:
The Deputy Commissioner – West of Nairobi (Tax Service Office). This role is responsible for managing, directing and controlling all operations within the Tax Service Office.
Key Responsibilities of the job:
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
Responsible for improving data availability, accessibility, quality and utilization by coordinating development of Data policies procedures and standards.
Provide vision, expertise, and long-range planning in enterprise data architecture, data integration, master data management, enterprise data governance to support advanced analytics & Business Intelligence.
Coordinate the activities of Data Warehouse and Analytics processes through the systematic collection, analysis and maintenance of relevant taxpayers’ data/intelligence.
Manage the data analytics team to optimize taxpayer data for visualization purposes and develop high-end data visualizations for revenue forecasting.
Managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets by ensuring alignment to internal & external laws, policies and regulations.
Establish structures that ensure Design and development of data models, extraction code and cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions.
Work with the business departments to interpret their data processing needs and provide the most optimal solutions using Business Intelligence software/tools.
Responsible for producing data sets that will be useful for improved revenue forecasting, enhancing compliance and widening the tax base.
Chair and coordinate the Board of the Data governance and Information management Thematic Area of Transformation.
Develop strategies to respond to any technological, legislative, and environmental changes that require adjustments in data governance and analytics process, tools and skills
Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the division.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the Division: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
Development and management of the divisional work plan and budget.
Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the Division
Review and approval of data strategies, policies, frameworks and standards
Establish relationship with 3rd party data stakeholders/partners
Monitor implementation of data strategies, policies, frameworks and standards
Recommend strategies to address gaps in data governance and utilization
Coordinate data governance and utilization boards, committees and focus groups
Identify and monitor implementation of divisional KPI’s
Give strategic direction in data utilization and management
The job holder should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A university degree in Data Governance, Data Science, Information Management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Mathematics or related field from a recognized institution.
- Certified Data Governance Professional, Certified Data Management Professional or any other equivalent Professional qualification and membership to relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years’ work experience in a similar role with at least Five (5) years in a senior management role.
In addition, candidates should demonstrate the following functional skills, behavioural competencies/attributes:
- Strategic agility
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Good knowledge of Data Legislation, Regulation and Procedures
- Good awareness of operating environment
- Results driven and analytical
- Problem solving
- Analytical thinking
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
- Risk management and analysis
- Mentoring and coaching
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Other Accounting, Busines Management And Administration jobs that you might like